This week has been in the name of Family for me, so I haven’t been very active in the blogiverse and when it came to reading. As an introvert, I am exhausted, but I am so happy that I got to see sisters, niece and my eldest nephew. All in all, it was a lovely week 🙂
Books I’m reading
I am still working on The Gilded Ones by Namina Forna and Tomorrow by Damian Dibben. I’m enjoying both, but I need to concentrate more while reading Tomorrow since the language is a bit…fancy(?) and I am not used to the writing. However, the way the dogs are depicted is endearing.
I’ve been in the mood for something shorter and lighter, and I came across How to Be a Good Creature: A Memoir in Thirteen Animals by Sy Montgomery. This is just the comfort my heart needs, it deals with some serious issues, but with a resolve and life-affirming message. I’m halfway through and loving it.
I got my new graphics pen tablet – even though I just unboxed it yesterday I’ve already played around with it. I am looking forward to experimenting more with it.
Sorry for the potato quality, but the packaging was so pretty! I got the Wacom Intuos Pro Medium Paper Edition :3
Blog posts I’ve enjoyed this week
- A Short Book Lover’s review of Ariadne by Jennifer Saint
- The Book Whiskers’s pre-publication exclusive of Kill Day by Andrew Raymond
- Lou’s Book Stuff’s review of The Midnight Library by Matt Haig
- The Strawberry Post’s review of The Plague Letters by V. L. Valentine
- Skizotypical’s post about Stress Management – this is not a book blog, but a blog dedicated to mental health in general and Skizotypal Personality Disorder in particular
Please go and send these lovely people some love ❤
My sister’s sweet boy ❤
My sweet boy ❤
This week’s update is a bit short, but I hope the cute kitties give you a smile ;P
Please take care of yourselves and stay hydrated \o/